The Catholic Daily Learning Notebook and Calendar Printables Packet has been updated and expanded in 2022.
This product is for use within one family, a small group, one homeschool co-op class (that is a comparable size to a public school elementary classroom), or one classroom only. If you would like to use this in multiple classrooms, a whole religious education program (in a single parish), etc., you will need to buy the large group/multiple classroom option.
This is a downloadable product. You will not receive a physical item but rather a PDF file to print out on your own.
The Daily Learning Notebook and Calendar Printables Packet Includes:
“Today is…” page (14 total pages; 12 pages are month specific)
- Identify the day of the week
- Identify or write out the date (depending on which page option you use)
- Write how many days they have been in school – both writing it out as a number, such as 124, and then breaking it down into hundreds, tens, and ones
- Identify which season it currently is
- Pick the liturgical season and write out the feast day
100 Days Chart (1 total page)
This page features a chart with 100 squares. Have your children color in one square for each day of school. When they get to the 100th day of school, consider doing something special. The bottom of this page features an appropriate verse of Scripture.
“This is How I Write My Name” Page (6 total pages)
It’s amazing how children’s handwriting changes as they practice to learn how to write and as they get older and continue improving their handwriting. With these pages, there is one line for each month. Pick one day per month to have your student write their name, and then marvel at the difference at the end of the school year!
Three pages are dated from August – July. The other three pages are the same, but they simply have a spot to write the date in, in case the first set of dates don’t work for how you will be using the packet.
Each page features an appropriate verse from Scripture (three different verses total).
Monthly Calendar Pages (36 total pages)
There are monthly calendar pages for July – August. There are three different versions of these calendar pages. All of the pages are undated, and students will need to write the numbers of the dates themselves. However, if you prefer to have students trace numbers, there is a page with boxes with the traceable numbers 1 – 31 that can be cut out and glued to the correct boxes on the calendar.
The three calendar page versions are:
- Undated calendars with the month name in bubble letters that can be colored
- Undated calendars with the month’s name as well as the Catholic dedication for the month and small black and white graphics to coordinate with the month’s dedication
- Undated calendars with the month’s name as well as the Catholic dedication for the month and small color graphics to coordinate with the month’s dedication
Weather Chart Page (12 total pages)
This page has the month’s name at the top, such as “My January Weather Chart” and then an appropriate verse from Scripture underneath (the same verse is on all of the pages). Students can then color in a box each day declaring the weather to be either: sunny, partly cloudy, cloudy, rainy, windy, or snowy. While I know these weather conditions are sometimes present on the same day, just tell kids to pick the one they think is the best fit for each day.
At the end of the month, there is a question that asks students to choose the type of weather that happened the most that month.
“I can help Jesus” Page (2 total pages)
At the end of each month, children can be given this page to think of words or actions they used in that month where they helped Jesus by helping other people. This might be something as simple as sharing a cookie with their brother or something bigger like raking leaves for a neighbor. This is a great way to encourage kids to help others, as well as to reflect on the things they have done.
One page features an open space where kids can write words or draw a picture. On the second page option, there are just lines for writing.
Monthly Saint Coloring Page (24 total pages)
For each month, there are two saint coloring pages. Each month features one female saint and one male saint. One is in the first half of the month and one in the second half of the month.
I would encourage you to learn more about each saint and share information with your children while they are coloring or prior to it. I also tried to include saints from various places in the world.
These are the saints included for each month:
- January: Saint Basil the Great and Saint Marianne Cope
- February: Saint Blaise and Saint Isabel of France
- March: Saint Louise de Marillac and Saint Oscar Romero
- April: Saint Lydwine (I love her ice skates!) and Saint Mark the Evangelist
- May: Saint Damien of Molokai and Saint Joan of Arc
- June: Saint Charles Lwanga and Saint María Guadalupe García Zavala
- July: Saint Louis Martin and Our Lady of Carmel
- August: Saint Lawrence and Saint Monica
- September: Saint Kieran the Younger and Saint Agatha Kim A-gi
- October: Our Lady of the Rosary and Saint Jean de Brebeuf
- November: Saint Pope Leo the Great and Our Lady of Kibeho
- December: Saint Juan Diego and Saint Fabiola
I added this coloring book to the packet last year. You can also get the Mary coloring book all on its own through this post.
The coloring book has a cover that can be colored in and then half-sized pages featuring six pictures of Mary that can be colored in with the Marian feast days listed for each, which happen throughout the year.
This coloring book is in the same style as the books in the whole year set. So, if you like it, you might want to pick up the other 12 coloring books just like it and use one each month with your kids.